been around for some time but years ago people generally had open fires which could cope with the 60 percent or more of water content in these logs  allowing the moisture to disipate up the chimney but leaving a tarring in the chimney which would eventually result in a chimney fire.If your logs are cheap there's a reason and it not cos there seasoned. We only sell good quality netted seasoned logs but would still recommend kilned dried for these appliances.Visit our website www.fitchrecycling.co.uk